Chicken Do Pyaaza
Published on Friday, September 20, 2019 | Category: Recipes
From hearty chicken dishes that burst with the flavour and warmth of spices to soothing coconut-based concoctions, we all love good, lip-smacking chicken curry. When it comes to Sri Lankan food recipes and Sri Lankan chicken curry recipes, there’s no shortage of taste and variety.
Chicken recipes from neighbouring India are no different, with each state boasting of unique, distinct flavours and preparations. So if you’ve got the cravings for a chicken curry, here are four delectable Indian chicken curry recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home with flavours that are sure to thrill you.
A scrumptious Punjabi favourite, this dish uses double the quantity of onions and does not shy away from the spices. This dish is full of aromatic flavours, the subtle sweetness of onions and hearty chicken chunks cooked in a beautiful, creamy gravy. A no-fuss recipe, this popular chicken dish will be a delight for chicken lovers.
Total Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the chicken:
- 1kg chicken
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup yogurt, small
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
For the garam masala:
- 1 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp mace powder
- 1 tbsp clove powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp black cardamom powder
- To prepare the garam masala, mix together green cardamom powder, mace powder, clove powder, cinnamon powder and black cardamom powder and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into equal-sized pieces and marinate with garlic paste, ginger paste, salt and some red chilli powder.
- Finely chop one onion and cut the other into large pieces. Blend the tomatoes to make a puree and set aside.
- Now in a pan, heat ghee and the ginger and garlic paste.
- Once it turns slightly brown and fragrant, add chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Next add the tomato puree and salt according to taste.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, turmeric and red chilli powder and mix it well. Add this mixture to the masala mixture and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now, add coriander powder, cumin powder, marinated chicken pieces, the onion cut into large pieces, garam masala and water as required and continue to cook until the chicken is well cooked and tender.
- For garnishing, heat cream, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and kasoori methi. Add to the chicken gravy once done and mix well.
- Serve hot with your choice of rice or roti.