Crunchy Devilled Chicken Recipe
Published on Saturday, March 30, 2019 | Category: Recipes
Chicken dishes have always been a crowd-pleaser across the globe and in our island, it is no different with an amazing variety of chicken recipes in Sri Lanka. Here’s another such chicken recipe that is bound to become a firm favourite. Sweet, spicy, warm and crunchy, this mouthwatering recipe for crunchy devilled chicken recipe in Sri Lanka can be prepared in minutes and will leave you wanting more.
3 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1 large egg
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 lb medium carrots, halved lengthwise
1/2 tsp salt
Parsley, for garnish
Greens of choice, for serving
● Start off by lightly oiling two rimmed baking sheets. Next, in a bowl, whisk together the egg, mustard and the smoked paprika.
● Dip the chicken thighs in the spiced egg mixture and then dredge them well in the breadcrumbs, pressing to make sure it’s well coated. Place the chicken thighs on one of the prepared sheets.
● On the other prepared sheet, arrange the sliced carrots. Drizzle some oil over the arranged chicken thighs and carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste.
● Bake both the chicken and carrots for 450 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the chicken thighs are well cooked through.
● Once done, garnish with parsley and serve hot over your choice of greens.