Ginger Peanut Chicken In Lettuce Wrap
Published on Saturday, January 11, 2020 | Category: Recipes
Packed lunches for work or even for your kids can get boring, with the usual suspects like sandwiches not offering much in terms of taste and versatility. Spice up packed lunches and try this twist of a much loved Asian favourite and with ingredients like soy, ginger and lime, there’s a whole new dimension to this utterly delicious chicken wrap. Full of our favourite flavours that we’re accustomed to in typical Sri Lankan chicken recipe and chicken dishes, this ginger peanut chicken in lettuce wrap recipe is tasty as well as healthy. Replace mayonnaise with peanut butter to cut back on unhealthy saturated fats and replace with healthy unsaturated fats.
For the Chicken Salad
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 5 lb raw skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped, peeled and seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Iceberg lettuce
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- Start off by heating some oil in a non-stick skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes or until done on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and let it cool. Once cooled, shred the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Next, mix all the dressing ingredients together until it becomes a smooth texture.
- Then mix in the shredded chicken and chopped vegetables.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well in the dressing, place them in equal-sized portions into a leaf of iceberg lettuce and wrap it tightly.
Enjoy with your choice of sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise or dip.