How to Prepare Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders
Published on Friday, December 7, 2018 | Category: Chicken Recipes in Sri Lanka
If you’re looking for a quick but extremely delicious dinner fix, then baked ranch chicken tenders recipe is sure to be your go-to option. Wholesome, bursting with flavour, juicy and delicious, this meal can be prepared with minimum effort. Besides, Sri Lankan food recipes are more about authentic flavour and spice but every once in a while, we’re tempted to go for some healthy-ish food that tastes a little different too and these baked ranch chicken tenders recipe would do the trick!
Chicken recipes in Sri Lanka typically involves a lot of spice and oil but one of the reasons why this particular recipe is so good is because it’s baked – not fried – and it’s super simple to make as well. Here’s how you do it:
8 pieces of chicken tenders, halved
Ranch seasoning or dressing
¾ cups all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Before starting, preheat your oven to 400F.
- Mix in the all purpose flour and ranch seasoning. Since this particular seasoning is hard to come by in Sri Lanka, you can prepare your own fairly easily. All you need is prepare a mixture of buttermilk, salt, black pepper, paprika, ground mustard seeds, garlic, onion, and herbs with mayonnaise or any oil emulsion.
- Coat the chicken with the above mixture and dip it into the whisked eggs.
- Coat this with breadcrumbs and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the crust turns golden.
It’s very important to not overbake the chicken as you definitely don’t want it to end up tough and dry. Baking it for about 20 minutes will ensure that the tenders have a nice crust to it but remains juicy on the inside.
Now that the chicken is done, it’s time for the best part – the dipping sauce! This is unbelievably easy to prepare.
For the dipping sauce, you will need:
- ⅓ cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing or seasoning
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Whisk all the above ingredients in a bowl and you’re done!
You can also choose to pan sear or fry the chicken tenders instead of baking them. This recipe yields four servings and takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare.
Serve the chicken tenders with the dipping sauce and you’ll be amazed by how great it tastes. Do give it a try and let us know how you liked it!