Quick and Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Published on Friday, December 13, 2019 | Category: Recipes
When it comes to Sri Lankan chicken recipes, we typically like roasting or deep frying chicken as the pieces tend to stay juicy and extra crispy that way. Chicken breasts are the healthiest part of a chicken but they have a terrible reputation for drying out after cooking. This is where an air fryer can help. The quick time in an air fryer means that chicken breasts stay nice, juicy and tender and the breading still gets that extra crisp we all love without a drop of oil.
So for those who are looking to cut down on calories, stay slim and healthy, cooking chicken in the air fryer is the ideal way. This recipe for chicken breast will ensure that you get to enjoy the benefits of chicken without having to compromise on taste and flavour.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Start by placing the eggs and flour in two separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, oregano, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, working one at a time, dip the chicken breasts in flour, then the beaten eggs and then the seasoned panko mixture, pressing the pieces well to coat fully.
- Place the breaded chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook at 375° for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts and cook for a further five minutes until the coating turns golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite dip or accompaniment.