Succulent pieces of Bairaha chicken breasts are treated to a rich medley of red peppers, black beans and juicy tomatoes. This mouthwatering Mexican style chicken dish goes exceptionally well with rice plumped up in chicken broth or your favorite pasta. With this recipe, dinner is ready in a few minutes with no hassle at all.
Total Cook Time
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 6 hours
4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves ( 4 oz each)
- 1 can or 15 oz of unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or 14 ½ oz of stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar or 12 oz of roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot, cooked rice or pasta of choice
- Grated cheese of choice
- First, place the chicken pieces in a large slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the beans, tomatoes, chopped onions, red peppers as well as salt and pepper according to taste and pour over the chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on low flame for approximately six hours or until the chicken is tender and falls of the bone.
Serve red pepper chicken recipe in Sri Lanka hot with rice or pasta with a healthy sprinkle of grated cheese.