Easy chicken recipes are unsurprisingly the go-to dinner choice for many Sri Lankans. This easy and deliciously good chicken piccata pasta recipe in Sri Lanka can be whipped up and ready to serve in just half an hour. It takes just a few minutes in the oven to bake to tender perfection and the taste it brings is to die for.
Total Cook Time
Prep/Total Time: 30 min
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves ( 6 oz each)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3-4 tbsp capers, drained well
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise and pound with a meat mallet to ½ inch in thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste.
- In a shallow bowl, place flour and dip the chicken in it to coat well on both sides, shaking off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken in batches, adding additional oil whenever needed. Transfer the chicken to an ungreased baking dish.
- Add the capers, lemon juice and stock to the pan and stir to loosen any browned bits from the pan.
- Whisk in butter, a tablespoon at a time until creamy and pour this sauce over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for five to ten minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Capers are the flower buds of a small bush from the Mediterranean and Middle East. The smallest capers, French nonpareils, are considered as the finest capers. Caper berries are from Spain and they are the olive-sized fruit of the caper shrub.
- Make sure that you rinse capers well before using to remove excess salt and brine.
- Opt for freshly squeezed lemon juice when preparing this chicken dish. Bottled lemon juice, which could be often convenient, will not give you the same bright and fresh flavor. Squeezing four lemons for the juice will get the job done.